What we can help you with

Legal cases that can be funded

 Personal injury claims:

Motor vehicle and car accidents

If you have been injured in a car crash, truck, motorbike, cycling, quad bike, or any other motor vehicle accident, then you may be able to make a compensation claim. Our expert car accident lawyers will handle everything and help you get the compensation you need.

Workers compensation

If you’ve suffered an injury or accident at work, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Shine Lawyers are experts when it comes to workers compensation law and can advise you on your rights and get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.

Asbestos compensation

If you suffer from Mesothelioma, Asbestosis, or any other asbestos related disease, then you may be able to claim compensation for your suffering. Shine Lawyers are asbestos compensation experts and can help you and your family during this difficult time.

Medical negligence

If you have been wronged at the hands of a medical practitioner or facility, you may have a medical malpractice claim for compensation. Shine Lawyers are medical negligence experts and can help advise you on your rights under law. Our service extends to include Cerebral Palsy compensation claims.

Public liability

If you have had an accident, dog bite or slip, trip or fall in a public place – then you may have a claim for public liability compensation. Shine Lawyers are public liability experts who can help you when you need it most.

Product liability

If a faulty product or device has left you injured, then you may have a claim for compensation. Shine Lawyers has extensive experience when it comes to product liability law and can help you in your time of need.

Serious injury

If you’ve suffered a serious injury, whether a spinal injury, back injury, head injury, brain injury, neck injury, burn injury or any other type of injury – Shine Lawyers can help you start a claim for compensation.

Abuse Compensation Claims

If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, sexual harassment, or any other form of abuse, Shine Lawyers are here to help and can advise you on your rights to compensation.

Family law

There is no formula used to divide your property. No one can tell you exactly what orders a judicial officer will make. The decision is made after all the evidence is heard and the judicial officer decides what is just and equitable based on the unique facts of your case.

The Family Law Act 1975 sets out the general principles the court considers when deciding financial disputes after the breakdown of a marriage (see Sections 79(4)and 75(2)) or a de facto relationship (see Sections 90SM(4) and 90SF(3)). The general principles are the same, regardless of whether the parties were in a marriage or a de facto relationship, and are based on:

  • working out what you’ve got and what you owe, that is your assets and debts and what they are worth
  • looking at the direct financial contributions by each party to the marriage or de facto relationship such as wage and salary earnings
  • looking at indirect financial contributions by each party such as gifts and inheritances from families
  • looking at the non-financial contributions to the marriage or de facto relationship such as caring for children and homemaking, and
  • future requirements – a court will take into account things like age, health, financial resources, care of children and ability to earn.

The way your assets and debts will be shared between you will depend on the individual circumstances of your family. Your settlement will probably be different from others you may have heard about.

Estate Claims

There are many circumstances in which you can challenge the validity of a Will such as:

  • if you believe that the will is a forgery or
  • if the person lacked the mental capacity to make a Will or
  • if you believe that undue influence was brought to bear upon the deceased or
  • if there was fraud involved.

The people that can make a claim against an estate for further provision include:

  • wife or husband
  • domestic partner
  • a person that has been divorced from the deceased
  • natural or adopted child or grandchild
  • step-child (in limited circumstances)
  • parent, brother or sister (in limited circumstances).

Class action claims

A class action can bring to account a wrongdoer who causes widespread harm. If the case is successful, the Court can fairly divide the compensation amount between the group.

Class actions take place in the Federal Court and State Supreme Courts of Australia. There are three criteria that need to be fulfilled for the lawsuit to take place:

  1. There must be 7 or more people claiming;
  2. From the same, or similar, event/circumstances; and
  3. The claim must relate to at least one common issue of law or fact.

Class actions in Australia work an opt-out model. This means that all potential claimants become members of the action whether they intended to participate or not. These members are bound by the judgment of the court or settlement unless they opt-out. If you are involved in a class action you will be notified.